Europa-List: Jabiru 3300 Engine option

Subject: Europa-List: Jabiru 3300 Engine option
From: info@suncoastjabiru.com
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 15:21:24

All,

I'm here introducing myself to the list as a new member. I'm Andy Silvester,
with Suncoast Sportplanes, Inc, near Naples, Florida. We're the Jabiru
engines (and aircraft) dealer for the southern USA and are planning to be
offering complete 'Firewall forward' Jabiru 3300 120hp 6-cylinder engine
installation packages for the Europa, within the next few months. Europa
Aviation in USA in Lakeland, FL is within our trading territory and I've
been working closely with John Hurst and a Europa Customer to complete a
'clean-sheet' installation package, including new cowlings having round
ram-air cooling duct inlets, a matching spinner and all the other items
necessary for a turn-key Jabiru installation. Europa's temporary demise (for
us) hasn't altered our focus or determination to perfect the installation,
and we're progressing well. We're fortunate to have a Customer's Europa
tri-gear to work on here and to date, we've completed the cowl 'plug' for
the mold on the newly-installed Jabiru 3300 engine. The remaining work is to
finish-up some instrumentation, test-run the engine to check ground cooling,
etc, and then hand the project back to the Customer who will arrange for
final inspection and test-flying. Once we're happy with the performance of
the installation in the air, we'll use the prototype cowlings to take a mold
for the production version, and after that, we'll be able to offer the
complete package including full documentation. My wish is to offer the
packages thro' Europa Aviation as an OEM supplier of the Jabiru engine.

Many of you will be aware of, or owners of Jabiru installations, and I've
been associated with Jabiru both here in USA (3 years) and in UK (5 years
before that), so I know the engine, and what makes for a well-performing
installation. We're using this experience to optimize the Europa
installation and I'm confident that both Owners and Europa Aviation here in
USA and hopefully in UK will like the result. Obviously, my aim is to
produce a package which will sell competitively with other engine options,
and one which, through close customer support and documentation, is seen as
a clean and straightforward installation to achieve for both new builds and
retro-fits.

I was asked to post this information by our Europa Customer and hope it
provides an update to those considering, or just interested in, Jabiru
engines. I'll be happy to discuss any related questions either here on the
list, or via direct email. Thanks.

Andy Silvester

Suncoast Sportplanes, Inc.

2003 Mainsail Drive