Re: Europa-List: Starter kickback

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Starter kickback
From: nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 07:53:28

Hi John

Thanks for the info. As this problem is happening with many 912S engines
---From new I would suggest that the fault is unlikely to be any of items 1,2
or 3 on your list. From what I have been told, kickback accelerates sprag
clutch wear which in turn makes the problem worse so sparg clutch wear is
more a symptom of the problem rather than the cause. As well as the suggestions
you mention I position the prop just after a compression before start so
it gets the best possible run at its first compression. Having tried all
these ideas I still find the single ignition start the best way to avoid
kickback especially on cold starts.

Nigel Charles

Get Tiscali Broadband From 15:99
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/broadband