Re: Europa-List: Starter kickback

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Starter kickback
From: J. R. Jones <jronjones@lineone.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:49:15

Nigel et al,
I too had "kick-back" from time to time when very cold on my 912S.
I came to the same conclusion as you, Nigel, that starting on one mag. only
could slow the combustion just enough to avoid the problem.
So, about 18 months ago I installed a short link-wire to the appropriate
terminals on the back of my (Bendix-type) starter/mag switch to earth the
"A" mag. when the key is turned to the "start" position.
Since then I have had no "kick-backs" at all  -  even after standing in snow
and ice for 3 weeks on one occasion !
Well worth trying - IMHO.
Regards,
Ron Jones. (XS G-RJWX. No. 359)