Re: Europa-List: Starter kickback

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Starter kickback
From: Ami McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 13:54:48

The ignition modules have the same part numbers for the respective engines;
meaning that 'A' and 'B' modules are the same.
So, if one module has slightly more running-advance than the other (i.e. 22
deg. for one and  26deg for the other) and as stated this is controlled by
"....difference in the ignition timing will be achieved by different length
of the trigger cam......",
it follows that the starting-advance would also be less for module B.

If starting on one "mag" works for you, then it should be best to use the
'B' circuit.

Duncan McF.