Re: Europa-List: US Europa Insurance

Subject: Re: Europa-List: US Europa Insurance
From: n3eu@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:14:36

> What is covered by "hull not in motion" coverage? It can't hurt itself
> sitting still. It can't be stolen from my shop. Is it covered when I
> transport it to and from the airport?

> Mike Duane A207

The net benefit to the headache of reading polices is seeing where the
truth will set you free.  She's likely excluded from homeowner's coverage,
and your auto collision/comprehensive insurance probably covers only
the trailer itself plus a pittance for transported property nor will uninsured

motorist cover it.  For what little hull coverage costs for other than
"in-flight

damage," you're also covered on an airport ramp for freak storms, jet blast
or airport ground vehicles with no witnesses, or whacked by a taxiing,
uninsured pilot with empty pockets.

One "excluding in flight" insurer (preferable) doesn't terminate the
coverage until you apply takeoff power for that purpose and restarts it
exiting the rwy under control after landing, so you're covered at all other
times while taxiing. But others may simply exclude you from all "in motion,"
so you're bare on the trailered aircraft and taxiing, whereas one insurer
calls trailered aircraft "in motion" only if a glider.  Pop another Tylenol...
:-)

Reg,
Fred F.
N3EU