Re: Europa-List: US Europa Insurance

Subject: Re: Europa-List: US Europa Insurance
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:46:29

Cliff & Steve,

You can say that again about them not being the cheapest. I just got my quote
---From the info I gave them at Sun-N-Fun.

Use: Pleasure & Business (I told them pleasure only?)
Pilots: Me, Age 51, Private Pilot, Total Time 225hrs, Tailwheel 25hrs, Time
in Type 0hrs
Training: To be approved by underwriter
Aircraft: 2004 Europa (Boy! Are they optimistic), 2 seat, Engine - Rotax912S
Based at: California, Hangered @ Public airport, hard surface 3000ft.
Agreed Value: $70,000
Deductibles: $0 in Motion, $0 Not in Motion
Liability: $1,000,000 Combined Single Limit subject to $100,000 per passenger
Medical Payments Including Crew: $10,000 (Not enough!)

Annual Premium: $2,735

Does this seem a bit much? The medical payments would be $5k per person. That
wouldn't even cover a broken bone in the ER! They may treat you nice.....and
I don't like the lowest bidder either.....but there should be something
better. Or I think that I'll give them a call to see what can be adjusted to
bring

the rate down. Like the zero deductible.....

Mike Duane A207
Redding, California
XS Conventional Gear
CM & rudder pedals with cables installed. Tailwheel complete. Wing pins and
tie bar installed. Working on baggage bay. Conventional gear being assembled
now.
Waiting fourteen weeks now for Mod 68 Flap Actuator to ship.