Re: Europa-List: Control locks

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Control locks
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:24:59

John,I guess the plane would still have blown around whether or not you had
a rudder lock, and comprehensive tie down or a hangar are the solutions for
that.
         It is however easy to make an efficient rudder lock with an airfoil
shaped piece of thick ply, lined with carpet, which slides over the top of
fin & rudder. I have used this sort of thing for trailing, combined with a
shock cord going through the trim slots, around the trim actuator 'T' bar
(to stop it rattling) and holding the ply tight down on the fin & rudder.
Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ