Re: Europa-List: Control Locks

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Control Locks
From: Ami McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 11:35:09

>>> The seat belt can be adjusted to hold the stick fully aft <<

Not ideal if the wind shifts around during the night! i.e. full up elevator.
Also, loading the elevator against the stops may generate a lengthy
forum-thread about the dreaded tailplane pins!
Packing the control stick with cushions to achieve neutral elevator is not
without its limitations and the cushions tend to work loose.
Maybe a small built-for-the-job Dynafoam cushion that velcros-in at the
stick base would do (in conjunction with tying back with the seat harness);
this would cushion 'shock' loading of the controls and would be easily
defeated if the pilot failed to carry out "full and free" checks properly.

Duncan McF