Re: Europa-List: Rotax starting - 912S

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax starting - 912S
From: James H Nelson <europajim@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:38:09

Duncan,
        When I flooded my 912S last time,  I shut off the main fuel
(valve) and opened the throttle about half way.  Then I cranked the
engine and it cleared and started.  The moment it started, I turned the
fuel selector back to on and all was fine.  Previously I had to let it
set until it cleared itself usually several hours later.  That solution
was not acceptable.  So the next time it floods, I will do the shut off
of fuel and things should be fine.  I've only flooded it three times in
the past 18 mo. but that is three times too many.  It was also very
embarrassing as I was giving flight to a first timer----

Jim Nelson