Re: Europa-List: Rotax starting - 912S

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax starting - 912S
From: nigel charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:54:44

>By the way, I'm having ENORMOUS problems with hot starting at the moment,
which doesn't seem to be related to any of the related issues discussed at
length on this and parallel forums. Hope its not another symptom of the
clutch problem (there's no banging and shaking, just no firing at all). Any
ideas out there?<

Perhaps it might be fuel vapourisation. I have a fuel temperature gauge
which measures temperature at the carb inlet and the temperature jumps up by
about 10degC within 5 minutes after shutdown. I leave the inspection panels
open during short turnarounds which helps cool the engine compartment
significantly. If it is fuel related then a check of a plug after several
start attempts will show a dry plug.

Nigel Charles