Re: Europa-List: Rotax starting - 912S

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax starting - 912S
From: William Mills <combined.merchants@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:26:37

Hi Duncan
My 912 is also difficult to start when it is still hot. I assume it is to do
with
the temperature of the carbs.  On such occasions I run the fuel pump for
much longer and then when the engine is turning over and won't fire I
progressively open the throttle until it catches, which is usually about 1/3
to 1/2 throttle.  Obviously no choke.
Best wishes,
William