Europa-List: Flap Jig Alignment

Subject: Europa-List: Flap Jig Alignment
From: David Simenauer <dsimenauer@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:55:27

I have just started on the flaps.  On both sides, when the flap cores are set
upside
down in the jigs, the jig for the outboard piece is slightly thicker, maybe
by 2 or 3 mm,  than the jig for the outboard piece. Therefore when I press
the cores  together with the 5 mm foam laminate in between, the foam cores  do
not line up.  Is this correct, or is it a manufacturing error?  I could shim
up the low side but I am afraid this will distort the shape of the flap.

Dave Simenauer
A101