Re: Europa-List: Repainting the mini U2

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Repainting the mini U2
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 19:50:42

In a message dated 4/9/2004 11:32:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dja767@charter.net writes:

> Here is the question: Does anybody know if there is another option for
> priming with a UV protection that is not UV smooth prime ( seems everyone uses

> that stuff)? Also, since it has been over a year since I painted and I have a

> gallon left over, does anybody know what the shelf life of that stuff is? I
> have purchased a quart and am going to experiment with different items to
> paint

> to see if i can get a smooth finish.

Hi Dave,

Check out Autoclor primer and Sikkens 2 part urethane for the topcoat. This
is what we use for sailplane refinish and it is some amazing stuff. It's very
easy to work with, offers excellent UV protection, buffs to a mirror shine and

is very easily repaired should you ever get scratches and scrapes. It is a bit

pricey, though. Contact me off list and I can put you in touch with our
refinish guru if you're interested.

Regards,

John Lawton
Dunlap, TN
A-245 (cockpit painting completed with silver/gray Zolatone. Next task is
wiring after Sun-n-Fun)