Fw: Europa-List: Repainting the mini U2

Subject: Fw: Europa-List: Repainting the mini U2
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 15:48:50

----- Original Message -----
From: "Europa (Alfred Buess)" <ykibuess@bluewin.ch>
Subject: AW: Europa-List: Repainting the mini U2

<ykibuess@bluewin.ch>|
| Dave and others|
| Polyfiber's website doesn't say a word about Smoothprime - it seems that
| it isn't sold any more (?). I am looking for an alternative, that can be
| rolled on and has a record of succes (UV-filtering and well bondig to
| its base and the final paint), but have no idea where to find it. This
| is strange - composite aircrafts are flying since decades, but this
| primer-UV-blocker-thing seems to be either a miracle or a first class
| secret. I am sure there are some experts out there and still hope they
| will share their knowledge.
|
| Alfred

Ich bin mit meinem Freund Alfred in dieser Gegenstand.
Me too. I don't know where to turn to since losing hope in rolling it on in
the back yard.........
Perhaps there is someone whose machine is as pristine as 4000 hours will
permit and who is willing to share the happy results with those of us who
are looking over the abyss............. I've heard good things about Sikkens
and several other marks (exotic to us N Americans).
Are you happy with your 400hr Europa?
Cheers,
Ferg