Re: Europa-List: Wing bottom Mass Bal holes not aligned properly

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wing bottom Mass Bal holes not aligned properly
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 20:49:10

>My concern is that the horn close out will not fit properly and impede final
>closing of the wing

Brian - I found that in my starboard wing (only one I've tackled so
far) the indent did not line up with where my outboard aileron horn
actually was. The word from Neville at the factory was to move the
indent laterally by (a) carefully removing the top layer of glass and
the brown foam back to the desired new line, finishing with a taper
matching other sides of the depression; (b) laying in a patch of BID
extending an inch beyond the area of foam removal. See my online
journal of 2003 05 09 at <http://home.clara.net/rowil/aviation/> for
full details.

regards

Rowland