Europa-List: Wing bottom Mass Bal holes not aligned properly

Subject: Europa-List: Wing bottom Mass Bal holes not aligned properly
From: EuropaXSA276@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 15:01:41

Greetings:
My Port side Mass Balance holes in the wing bottom are not aligned properly
with the indention's made at the factory. The root end hole is almost exactly
centered but the tip end is against the brown reinforcement edge on the wing
bottom.  I have checked and rechecked the measurements on the mass horns on the

aileron.  They are exactly 20 mm from the hinge per the manual instructions.
Referring to photos from others, they are mostly centered. What went wrong?
My concern is that the horn close out will not fit properly and impede final
closing of the wing.
Anyone else had this problem? Perhaps a fix?
Thanks
Brian
a276