Re: AW: Europa-List: Repainting the mini U2

Subject: Re: AW: Europa-List: Repainting the mini U2
From: Jeff Roberts <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 14:59:15

on 4/10/04 1:49 PM, Europa (Alfred Buess) at ykibuess@bluewin.ch wrote:

Iam no expert but Just to throw my 2 cents in. I have been helping a couple
of local conard builders that have a lot of composit painting experience.
Steve Wright with Wright Aviation has helped paint several composite
airplanes some of witch are 10 plus years old now and look great. His own
design that he has 14 years of building in is finally flying. Now that he
has solved some cooling problems you may see it at Sun-N-Fun this year. It
is painted with automotive PPG K38 primer and concept acrylic urethane. Not
knowing much myself I will follow his lead and just purchased the K38 primer
and K201 hardener. I have heard terrible stories of paint pealing using the
Smooth Prime water based system. I also like the fact the PPG automotive
paint can be purchased locally. K38 primer is a great filler/primer
according to Steve and several local RV builders I've spoken to. Working
with it is supposed to be very easy. I will let you know on that.

Jeff
Nashville TN
Tri Gear A258 Ready for priming.