Re: Europa-List: Wing lateral push rod HELP!

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wing lateral push rod HELP!
From: Ronald J. Parigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 20:28:09

Hello Brian

> "I expect the push rod to be directly against the spar with unacceptable or no
> clearance. Any suggested fix?"

I had same problem. I E-Mailed Neville and he said to make spacers out of
aluminium Alloy. I ended making some spacers out of G-9 to elevate so bellcrank
would not allow the lateral pushrod to hit spar. I only needed to space one of
the wings.

I enlarged holes as needed in ribs to gain acceptable clearance. there are a few
areas where if pushrod begins harmonics may touch ribs. i have some thin wall
teflon heat shrink (www.mcmaster.com) that i may put on pushrod in areas I think
may touch.

Good luck
Ron Parigoris