Re: Europa-List: Port and starboard W16 brackets

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Port and starboard W16 brackets
From: John & Amy Eckel <eckel1@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 21:18:25

Brian,
Make both W16's the same as shown in the book, note they are opposite hand.
When you attach
them to the spar it will be obvious which goes where.  Look at page 14-6,
Fig 3 for the mating parts,
CS15P and CS15S.  The way this all works will fall into place when you do
the actual assembly and
mating of the W16 and CS15 parts.  There are illustrations pn pages 14-13
nad 14-14 that will help make
it clear.

Here is another tip that will save you work.  When making the CS14 parts do
not bother painting the
inside surface because you will have to sand it off after you bond the
cockpit module to the canoe.

John Eckel, A230

From: <EuropaXSA276@aol.com>
Subject: Europa-List: Port and starboard W16 brackets

> Can anyone tell me which is the Port and which is the Starboard W16
brackets?
> One has a flat flange side the other has a crescent shape flange side.
They