Re: Europa-List: Southeast Europa Fly In !!!

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Southeast Europa Fly In !!!
From: Jeff Roberts <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 22:54:08

on 2/14/04 6:30 PM, Doug Lawton at skyrider2@earthlink.net wrote:

> Hello Europa Owners !!!
>
> We'd like to announce our first annual Fly In and cookout for Europa owners,
> builders, and pilots at Matthews Field.
>
> Saturday and Sunday, June 5th & 6th, 2004.
>
> Matthews field is centrally & conveniently located approximately 20 statute
> miles NW of downtown Chattanooga, TN and Lovell Field. We're in the
> beautiful Sequatchie Valley near the town of Whitwell TN.  For Photos of the
> field and area, click here:
>
> http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=157189773103
>

> LAT         35 15.543                   LONG      085 27.004
> Listed On Sectionals As Matthews  (Pvt - Glider)
>
> 2200' Lighted Grass Runway, 700' elevation.  Camping is available on site
> with shower and bathroom facilities, plenty of tiedown space and limited
> hangar space, and local transportation to nearby restaurants and motels.
>

> Contact for more Info:   Doug Lawton                  or
> John Lawton
> 139 Quitman Lane
> 306 Condra Lane
> Clarkesville, GA 30523
> Whitwell, TN  37397
> skyrider2@earthlink.net
> teledynmcs@aol.com
> (706) 947-7437 offfice
> (423) 240-0064 cell
> (706) 499-8704 cell
> (706) 947-3133 fax
>
> Please contact one of us prior to coming by for updates and operating
> procedures.  We look forward to seeing you all !!!
>
> Doug Lawton
> Matthews Field
> Southern Air-Time, LLC
>
> RSVP's Requested by May 31, 2004

Doug & John,
Don't think it will be flying yet but you can count me in. Others should
consider as this is some of the most beatiful country in the US. Maybe I'll
tow A258 there. We'll see.
Jeff
Still working on air for the engine inc. carb heat, fitting cowl and having
panel started. Soon to primer and more, much more.