Re: Europa-List: Layup on Balsa TE of Trim Tabs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Layup on Balsa TE of Trim Tabs
From: Alan Gilbert <alangilbert@classicfm.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 20:23:34

Why make life unnecessarily difficult by using Balsa - I used hardwood cut
to shape using a band saw.
Can be "filled" with just a thin layer of resin to fill the grain or glassed
over with some very thin bid. I did the latter but didn't run it over the
rear surface - no need since the hardwood is strong enough.
Any extra weight is minimal and given where it is - just means a little less
lead in the fin! ! !

Alan G