Re: Europa-List: Layup on Balsa TE of Trim Tabs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Layup on Balsa TE of Trim Tabs
From: Terry Seaver <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 13:02:36

Hi Tony,

We layed up some light weight cloth over our balsa Flettner strips.  It
did not help hardness as much as I had hoped.  It also made finishing
more difficult.  Worst of all, it changed the shape of the strips,
rounding them off too much.  We had some altitude/speed hunting which we
attributed to this.  We have since redone the Flettner strips, making
sharper edges at the specified dimensions.  The altitude/speed hunting
improved some after the fix.

regards,
Terry Seaver
A135 / N135TD