Re: Europa-List: Question for those who have been there before

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Question for those who have been there before
From: Terry Seaver <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 09:57:15

Hi Steve,

We purchased some dye from an auto parts store specifically for gasoline
systems.  It  has a brown color that can be seen in regular light and is
also fluorescent.  We taped cotton balls under all suspect joints and
left them for a few days (label the tape of each cotton ball, so you can
identify where it came from later).  Any leaks will show the dye stain
on the cotton ball.
We found the only fuel leaks were at the large outlets and inlets to the
fuel tank, you really have to crank down on the clamps on these hoses.

regards,
Terry Seaver
A135 / N135TD
300+ hours on the short wings, slowly working on the long wings.