Europa-List: Clear on Plastics

Subject: Europa-List: Clear on Plastics
From: Ronald J. Parigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 20:43:01

For what its worth.

I purchased some 3 and 4 mil clear plastic from Home depot, perhaps a 3 months
ago for laying up on.

Ran out and picked up some more.

The new stuff carried by Home Depot on long Island New York now has a release
agent on it! Instead of being perfectly clear, it has a slight opaque color to
it.

If you aggressively rub your fingers on it, you can feel it.

All their stock now has the release agent on it.

Perhaps it is not an issue, but since i don't know if there is a chance or not
of it making its way onto my lay-up, i will not use the stuff with release agent
on it.

I have heard of folk laying up on wax paper, did not like that idea.

Anybody know with reasonable certainty if laying up on plastic with release
agent, or laying up on wax paper can affect future lay-ups, or trying to paint
or fill ontop?

Ron Parigoris