Europa-List: filler

Subject: Europa-List: filler
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 10:01:38

>We too had problems with uncured superfill. The Blue stuff was very dry in the
>first 2 pots we had. This made up the areas that we had to dig out. Quite
>a lot
>on our wings actually. The problem was kind of half recognised by Polyfiber. I
>was told that there was a problem with some batches of blue being too dry but
>that that would not cause the stuff to refuse to set!

There is another problem with part cured filler. I noticed that the
Smoothprime cracked and peeled off, even though filler could be sanded. It
isn't easy to get accurate mixing with Superfill, I do it by weight,
nearest 1/10th of a gram, most likely cause of my problem was settling
altering the ratio of filler to hardener or resin, the hardener did look a
bit wet.
Graham

---