Re: Europa-List: First Hello to you all...

Subject: Re: Europa-List: First Hello to you all...
From: Dan Bish <danbish@norwalktucson.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:01:10

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the fold. I too just bought a partially completed kit from someone in
California. And, since I'm in Tucson, had to go pick it up. I opted to rent
a Penske truck since the U-Hauls seem to be a bit beat up. These trucks don't
have very good suspension so expect to be beat up for your trouble.

I originally rented a 20' truck but they were out the day I picked it up and I
got a 24' for the same price (about $1800 total). Used every foot of it! The
thing
just expands when you try to store it and it was definitely easier on the
plane having the extra room.

It'll really help if the seller has cradles for the wings and plan to rent about
2-3 dozen furniture pads as well. I was on the road for 17 hours and made the
trip without a scratch but spent a lot of time securing everything. I know you
have much further to go so don't know if you're thinking about buying a trailer
in CA and towing it back, but hope some of this helps.

Dan
A144
Tucson, AZ