Re: Europa-List: First Hello to you all...

Subject: Re: Europa-List: First Hello to you all...
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 16:24:42

Well, Tom have put yourself in a pickle. First, congratulations on making the
right choice for an aircraft. I think that you will truly love your plane
after completion. For now it's like having a child, caring for it, buying stuff

for it, etc. I hope you have an understanding significant other.

You might drop Kim Prout a line here on the Forum. He is the local
distributor in southern Calif and might have a lead on transporting your kit.

As for trailer.......you can drop those thoughts for a few years. It won't be
needed for quite a while and it would simply be in the way until then. Then
talk to a trailer builder and explain the bulk Vs weight issue you are facing
and the need for protection during transport. Also keep in mind whether it's
gonna be the plane's year round storage and will have to keep the weather out,

then think covered trailer. You might also check into people that have or build

trailers for gliders. Very similar concept.

Tools for your shop.....epoxy pump if you can afford one, Dremel tool with
lots of cutoff bits, right angle attachment for your drill, a good level or
digital level (I got mine from Orchard Supply Hardware), dust masks, a good shop

vacuum (it'll need the filter cleaned quite often), protective gloves for epoxy

handling (many people say not to use latex), one of those handy little
sanders that can get into tight places, a catalog from Aircraft Spruce, and the
list
goes on from there.
Get the manual and read it all the way thru.....then when you will have an
idea when things will be coming along. Take your time, don't do layups after 9pm

at night because you may have to redo them right the next day. And go through
the archive on a lot of the things you do. Ask the Forum questions on any
concerns you have.

Mike Duane A207
Redding, California
XS Conventional Gear