Re: Europa-List: thro the fire wall

Subject: Re: Europa-List: thro the fire wall
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 23:20:39

----- Original Message -----
From: "paul stewart" <paul-d.stewart@virgin.net>
fire wall
| This engine (914) is throwing up more questions then the whole of the
project so far. Having disconnected the TCU and wastegate servo to mount
them aft of  the firewall, the manual very succinctly tells me to make holes
as small as possible and use a suitable method of sealing.|
| I'm guessing that folk make holes to take the pressure sensors etc. rather
than the large TCU block connector through the fire wall. What is a
'suitable method' of sealing - anyone got a pic or two. I suspect seeing
this sort of thing would be a great help.
| Paul   #432

I'm with Paul. I've counted 14 different wires to breach the firewall, and
presume they can't all go through one hole. I was going to use the EAA book
method of stamping your own SS eyehole covers, but that's just too much of
an exercise.
Ferg
Europa A064