Re: Europa-List: Monowheel dual sealed beam?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel dual sealed beam?
From: irampil@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:20:15
 09/10/2003 11:20:18 AM,
        Serialize complete at 09/10/2003 11:20:18 AM

>All I know is that when I hooked it up to a car battery and shined it
down
>on the end of the block it put a better spot on the house down there than
>the auto lights did.

 I don't doubt it Steve.  I am no lighting engineer and I don't have the
patience to try to interconvert
between all the different specs for different lighting products.  The
curious thing is, just like
in computing, these companies pick non-comparable specifications so that
direct, rational
choice is nearly impossible.  I am not sure about comparing auto
headlights and AV landing lights.
At first pass, I'd think the AV light should have a more focussed beam
since the region of interest
is at least 1/4 - 1/2 mile away to start down to maybe 100 yards whereas
automotive lights
are most utilized inside 100 yards.  Mind you these are just my
guestimations, but just try to
find real numbers for compaing different lights!

Ira

N224XS