Re: Europa-List: Monowheel dual sealed beam?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel dual sealed beam?
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:49:40

All

Electricity and get along just fine. I think I understand it.

I install two auto accessory type spotlight in my out-rigger fairing. The
bulbs are the replaceable halogen type, 25W . Two of them. I also installed
a wig-wag circuit.

Using the wig-wag reduced the power required for the landing lights by half
until you are on short final when you switch them both on.

I tested my Rotax alternator's ability to carry the all electric load. With
wig-war on and everything else on, the alternator did OK down to 3500RPM.
At that point the battery started picking up the load. I think that is "good
to go" for my plane. Keep the Rotax going and it will keep your Electrics
going.  That is one good engine!

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds WA 98020