Re: Europa-List: LEDs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: LEDs
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 08:00:41

Jos Okhuijsen wrote:

> If the length of the wiring comes anything close to the wavelength, half
> or quarter of the comm freq's, adding a  working antenna to this
> transmitter design, you might be a nuisance to anything in quite a
> reasonable range in addition to your own problems. Bypass capacitors?
> Will load (overload?) the square wave generator.

A series inductor feeding the switched LED will probably be the most
effective, and if toroidal it won't itself radiate much.  Not sure, but
I also don't think whether the wiring is a tuned element makes much
difference due to "near field" effect. It's a different electrical
phenomenon from RF waves some distance away and beyond.

Fred F.