Re: Europa-List: LEDs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: LEDs
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:30:33

> Yes super bright LEDs are available, too bright for me to look at when
> on with 15 ma, but they do get brighter still with pulsing. I don't think
> 10 kHz is going to interfere with much on an aircraft.
>
> Ira N224XS in paint shop

I wouldn't bet on that! A square wave is the fundamental freq plus the
sum of all harmonics, each 3dB down I recall.  If used to pulse a series
string of LEDs, and say a voltage swing of 10V, you can easily get a few
microvolts in the harmonics to annoy a VHF receiver whose antenna is a
few feet away.

Fred F.