Re: Europa-List: Europa covers wanted

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa covers wanted
From: Nigel Charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 08:39:58

>Help! Due to ownership changes at our airfield, I am losing my Europa's
hangar space and will need to park outside on the grass for the foreseeable
future.

Does anyone have a set of full outdoor covers for a Europa Classic that I
could borrow/hire/buy until the situation is resolved? I have a reflective
cockpit cover but would really like to cover the whole thing up, as much to
keep prying fingers off, as to keep it snug from our wet coastal weather.<

Hi David

Sorry to hear of your hangarage problem. Sorry also I can't help in a direct
manner. I use a triple trailer arrangement and wondered whether for the
longer term you had considered this arrangement. It houses the aircraft
fully rigged  and the aircraft can be removed from it in 2 minutes and
rehoused in 4.5 minutes. The design was my own but I got David Schofield
(glider trailer manufacturer) to make it for me. It gives me all the
advantages of hangarage with (in my case) nil running costs. Even if you pay
for tie down the difference should pay for the cost of the trailer in a
reasonable time. If you want more details let me know.

Nearly met up with Ferg the other day but our schedules interfered. He was
hoping to look at the strip and trailer hangar. Never mind maybe next time.
If you wish to fly in here you will be most welcome. I do make it PPR so
give me a ring if you are interested (01380 860620). The strip is 790m long
so apart from a few obstructions and complying with my self imposed noise
abatement procedures you should find it very easy. The strip is pretty
smooth (much better than Popham).

Regards

Nigel Charles