Re: Europa-List: Batteries

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Batteries
From: david joyce <davidjoyce@beeb.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 09:38:40

Fred, I accept all that, but can't quite visualise what sort of lesion could
wipe out the alternator and battery simultanoeusly, particularly if the
alternator is wired into the system through a fuse or contact breaker. This
seems effectively to give two independent systems with one pump running off
battery even if alternator switch off and the other running off alternator
even if master and alternator switches both off. I don't incidentally have a
battery relay.
         It is entirely reasonable to allow for one unlikely event , but the
odds of two unlikely independent events happening simultaneously are such
that I am happy to use gliding for the back up mode. But perhaps I am
missing something and displaying my ignorance!    David Joyce----- Original
Message -----
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>

<fillinger@ameritech.net>