Europa-List: Rotax 912ULS EGT

Subject: Europa-List: Rotax 912ULS EGT
From: irampil@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 09:54:17
 05/19/2003 09:54:19 AM

Greetings All,

I have been searching for information about deploying EGT sensors on a 912S
for the past week and have found nothing useful on the web, on the on-line
Rotax
manuals, or even in the archive of this group and the Club Hints & Tips.

Therefore I called Lockwood Aviation and got some specific data from the
best Rotax expert I know which I here share with the group for general
interest sake:

1) EGT is not particularly useful on the 912 series (I went for it anyway,
$80 for 2)
2) The Katana was certificated without one (Actually I seem to remember the
one I flew
    had one)
3) The cognoscenti (i.e., Lockwood Aviation, FlightCrafters, etc) strongly
prefer the
   bayonet type with the welded bearing nut or bung to the hose clamp type
4)  The sensor to use is the Westach 4D6K or equivalent
5)  Placement should be in the headers from cylinders 1,3 or 2,4 at 70mm
---From the
    mounting flange.
6)  Be careful to pick a drill axis so that the long exterior head of the
probe does not
    interfere with the cowl

Ira N224XS just some wiring and the exterior finish to go