Europa-List: Outrigger mod

Subject: Europa-List: Outrigger mod
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 10:40:45

Hi,
            I sent out a message advising that I had produced the two tubes
necessary for the recommended oturigger pivot mod. Of the several
correspondents contacted, only one replied - and he was surprised I was
still at it. The mod involves beefing up the pivot to reduce inevitable
'play' and Nigel Charles provided scarce tubing bits because the acquisition
involved considerably more minimal tubing than needed by one person.
            I have done the same (for those of North American persuasion) as
far as the tubing is concerned. The other mod parts are more easily acquired
locally - and the cost is negligible.
            So this is general message to request those who were interested
to confirm I can send out the kits.
Cheers,
ferg