Europa-List: Rotax 912ULS EGT

Subject: Europa-List: Rotax 912ULS EGT
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 18:49:07

>Very true.  When the interior of my 912S silencer collapsed it was only the
>very high EGT that flashed up on my EIS (Brilliant) that stopped me damaging
>the engine. I would be reluctant to fly without in future.
>Rick Morris G-RIKS

I agree
in fact I would prefer 4 EGTs not two. The way the highest cylinder moves
around with changing throttle setting is amazing, Must be something to do
with the strange manifold shape. I suspect the Skydrive carb heater might
help to even out the mixture and help more balanced EGTs. Anyone know?
Graham

---