Re: Europa-List: Night and Day

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Night and Day
From: Ron Parigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 13:22:57

Hey Terry Seaver

Great info on idle speed.

> 2. Does a gear box that can be damaged this easily belong on any airplane?!

Probably, it weighs not much and lasts a long time if treated properly.
Boy you should feel the boxer shake when not tuned properly. I can
actual adjust cables when on highway as good or better than with guages!

if you look at my notes, prior to any problems it lasts many hundreds of
hours even if being tortured. He said lasts a long long time if treated
properly.

> 3. I have a Honda 919 motorcycle (four cylinders, 919 cc, 115 hp at the crank)
 maybe we need to start looking at an
> engine swap with my bike.

Wonder what a 919 motor would weigh in at with redrive, i would think
more than a rotax? would also think that it would wear if pounded as
well. a prop load at a very high power setting is a different story
compared to a light road load at low power setting. Your motor would
probably start till in flight failure?

Ron Parigoris