Re: Europa-List: Night and Day

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Night and Day
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:56:30

In a message dated 2/14/2003 4:51:51 AM Pacific Standard Time, garrys@att.com
writes:

> Dave,  Can you share with the list the part number of the mounts, and
> where / how you purchased them?  Also, how big of a job was it to swap
> them out?

The job was easy -- took about 3 hours and was mainly getting the lower
baffling out of the way to get access to the lower mounts. You need to get 8
"bushings" - 2 for each mount. I didn't know that and had to make 2 orders to
get the right amount. Here are the parts I ordered ( aircraft spruce part
numbers):

    ENG MOUNT BUSHING # 530740
03-02710-1  4130 STEEL TUBE 1/2X.083 1FT

The steel tube was used to make the insert, since these mounts have a
different inner diameter. I cut them to the same length as the original
inserts in the other mounts. The job was very easy. The engine moves more now
than it did, so I have to make a few changes:

open the exhaust outlet hole slightly
lower the lower baffle slightly - should have been done anyway
open the hole for the air filter on the turbo slightly
file back the cowl in the area of the airmaster slip ring bracket

These were all done to avoid the start up shake contacting anything in the
cowl. The main thing I notice right away is the noise level being much lower.
Although I haven't flown yet, there is a vibration in the 2700 RPM range that
was very obvious before. Now, it is barely noticeable I can feel it, but
mainly because I knew it was there.

Dave A227