Europa-List: Night and Day

Subject: Europa-List: Night and Day
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 02:03:47

For those interested, I have run the 914 engine with the O200 engine mounts
installed. I had to make some adjustments to various clearance items in the
cowl to allow for additional engine motion during start.

All I can say is that the difference is remarkable. One thing I had not
thought of was the reduction in the noise level. Vibration is way down and
the noise level appears to be as well. I have no quantitative measurements,
but the engine sounds almost turbine like in its smoothness. I look forward
to having the prop balanced on top of this mount change.

Dave
A227
Mini U2