Re: Europa-List: Night and Day

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Night and Day
From: Ron Parigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:43:47

Hey DJA727

On my speedwing monowheel, i plan on installing a 914, with CS.

I spoke to Bill Lockwood, from Lockwood Aviation in FL for some time
bout the rotax motors.

Any viabbarion kills the redrive. Unbalanced carbs, idle too slow and
"MOTORMOUNTS THAT ARE TOO SOFT!"

I am not an expert. I never saw a 914 mount in my hand.

But Bill is suppsedlly an expert and says that 0200 mounts are a bad
thing.

He said use the provided mounts, idle 1800RPM min, sync carbs exact both
low speed and high and have prop dynamic balanced.

Here is his exact quote:

"Motors like to be mounted fairly rigid, he is not real thrilled with
continental 0-200 Lord mounts if they are softer"

This is per a conversation 12-30-2002.

I am only repeating what he said.

Any other comments to the contrary?

Ron Parigoris