RE: Europa-List: Aileron Trim Servo

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Aileron Trim Servo
From: Peter Zutrauen <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:29:00

Ok, apologies in advance it this question is daft, but does the bungee force not
increase non-linearly as the stretch? If this is so, does the stick force not
become unbalanced when moving off center/neutral? Even if the bungee force is
linear as it stretches, if one has it set for no pull on the stick with the
stick neutral (case=no trim required),  the stick would require more pull in the
direction of stretching the bungee vs the other...no?  Are the bungee forces
so small that one does not notice these effects?

Cheers & thanks,

        On Russell's plane you don't notice any change in bungee tension when
        moving the stick fore and aft. It's a very light bungee and is attached
        to the bolt securing the stick to the control mechanism. The derailleur
        lever is on the floor to the right of the column so you can easily reach
        down and click it either way as required.

        I've got an embedded aileron servo on mine but I'm now wishing I'd been
        as ingenious as Russell as it really is a very tidy solution.... and I'm
        not going to make another aileron as I've made five already!

        Tony