Re: Europa-List: Aileron Trim Servo

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Aileron Trim Servo
From: James H Nelson <europajim@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 08:56:14

John,
        I installed a tiny MAC servo in my aileron for just that
situation. It needs to be a minimum of 1.5" by 8"  More is better in span
wise. We are limited in depth but width is flexible.  One of the reasons
for the trim is if you don't get both wings exactly fitted to the
fuselage.  I have a heavy stbd wing and even in solo flight I need about
50% of my trim operation to keep the aircraft in  level trimmed flight.
I might add a bit to the length to make it more effective but that will
make the aileron look like it has a trim tab..  Mine is only 6" wide.  If
I had thought about this longer, I would have made it 8" in length.
Someone has put a trim unit inside with a bungie cord and a lever to
apply certain amounts of  pull.  I don't know about its success but mine
works as it was designed. Just now as effective as I wanted.

Jim Nelson
N15JN