Re: Oil Filter replacement

Subject: Re: Oil Filter replacement
From: Andy Draper <andy@europaaircraft.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 13:43:17
Be cautious about opting for an apparent equivalent oil filter from an
automotive
source.  The internals may not be the same, specifically the filter element
may be smaller and the compression spring securing internal components may be
subject to wearing through the casing due to vibration.  There is a Rotax
Service
Bulletin about this problem.  16 UL 96.

Almost certainly, your warranty will also be invalid with a non Rotax supplied
filter.

Best Regards
Andy Draper

Technical Director
e-mail   andy@europa-aircraft.com

>>> James Nelson <europajim@juno.com> 12/04/02 02:39am >>>
Some one has researched a replacement for the Rotax oil filter.  I'm
about to do my first oil change (25 Hrs) and I would prefer to not use
the factory filters ($$ to much).  Has anyone found a replacement?

              Jim Nelson

              N15JN