Re: Oil Filter replacement

Subject: Re: Oil Filter replacement
From: James Nelson <europajim@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 18:21:49
Hi Martin,
        Yes, thats what I have for a P/N for Fram.  However, I can not
find it through any auto parts house.  I will try to get it thru the WEB.
  Yes, you don't want to use cheep items but to use a manufactured item
---From Fram or Purolator or what ever, and pay the aircraft parts price for
something that is available under a regular P/N is wasting money.  When I
find the part I will buy an extra unit and tear it apart to see if it is
exactly like the one Rotax provides.  In my business, we are always
looking for the regular p/n  to replace the one a manufacturer has
provided with his part number.  His part is usually 1.5 to 3 times more
expensive than the ones that are available as a regular industrial p/n
item.  Believe me no aircraft engine company is going to go to a filter
manufacturer and have them make a filter that is made just for them. You
can not afford to do that.

              Jim Nelson