Seatback sight tube

Subject: Seatback sight tube
From: Brian Rauchfuss - PCD <brauchfu@pcocd2.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 16:51:39

I know that a number of people are putting the sight tube on the seat back.

How do you deal with it getting crushed by luggage?  I was thinking of a
plexiglass tube over the soft one.

How do you route the line?  Presumably from the fuel fitting through the tunnel
and then through a drilled hole?  How do you eliminate fretting?  Where then
do you route the exaust tube?  Under the upolstery but on top of the seat back?

I was also thinking of putting the sight tube on the seat back and all the way
to the filling side - this seems neater, and still easy to check when getting
in the pilot seat.  This can't be checked when filling, though.

Brian Rauchfuss
#A072