Re: Fuel tank sight gauge routing

Subject: Re: Fuel tank sight gauge routing
From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 07:55:43

> I did mine that way and have just tried to fill the tank.  It blew gas out
> the single vent on top of the fuselage at about 12 gallons.  The tank was
> not full(according to the visual tube by the seat).  Did not try putting
any
> more gas in the tank.  I am still trying to figure what the problem is.  I
> have the tee connection just aft of the tank.  I can't figure how gas got
up
> in the vent tube well before the tank was full.  Seems to me it would be
> ideal for the vent tube to be long enough to go forward to the front top
of
> the tank since the tail is lower and that is the likely last place for air
> when sitting on the ground.
> Ken Carpenter

The way I've done mine...

sight tube is on the tank back (connected up as per manual) - but both the
sight tube and the vent line connect up to the top of the filler moulding
.
Vent line for the tank is 1/2" bore - which should allow "quick" filling
rather than the slow messy process I've heard about in the past.

Top of the filler is then vented with 2 X 1/8" lines to CRS tubes bent and
bonded into the fuselage bottom, exiting fwd/below the flap drive tube pivot
brackets: (all you see is the tube exiting the fairings) relief holes are
drilled in the back of the vent lines, inside the fairings, in case ice/dirt
block the vents.

As yet untried...

Miles