Re: Fuel tank sight gauge routing

Subject: Re: Fuel tank sight gauge routing
From: Alexander P. de C. Kaarsberg <kaarsber@terra.com.br>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 18:34:48
I have been thinking of  trying to figure out a way to make up and fit a
magnetic (non) dripstick as fitted on larger aircraft, possibly upside
down sticking out next to the headrest.....one in each side going all
the way down. It should be possible to make it with a float on a magnet
---From a loudspeaker around a 1/8 in. tube sealed at the lower end and a
light rod  with a small iron bit on the end, two small opening on the
top of the tank for it to stick out.
Has anybody been down that road?
I always liked their reliability and simplicity and would rather have
something like that than having fuel in a plastic pipe all around me.
Alex, kit # 529