Re: tailplane rear closeout dimensions

Subject: Re: tailplane rear closeout dimensions
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 22:56:14

>Have all errors in the manual been reported to Europa so that they can make
>the necessary corrections?

I sent a long message to the factory after preparing my parts
cross-reference, listing all the discrepancies I found. Roger replied
confirming most of my suspicions about ambiguous items, and saying
that other minor niggles would receive editorial attention when next
the pages were revised for more major reasons.

I've still got quite a list of parts that don't appear in the manual
and for which Roger has never yet managed to suggest a use .....

I will be formally bringing this matter of the dimensions to the
factory's notice shortly too - and I've spotted an error in the
diagram on the same page (XS Mono, 3-19, Issue 1, 30 Sep 97) - the
picture showing the bid bracket which joins the rear closeout to the
outboard rib has the TE already notched and drilled for the hinge,
which is not done until after the rear close-out layup.

regards

Rowland