Re: LEDs

Subject: Re: LEDs
From: Roger Mills <Roger.Mills@btopenworld.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 11:31:25
Fred,
Just a tip from experience; initially I had the same idea as you about
using the shoot bolt to complete a circuit to warn you of any doors
open. I found that after a few weeks' use, oxidisation, lubricant, dirt
or whatever makes the contact very poor quality - after a month it was
useless, intermittently reading infinity or several Megohms. Eventually
I had to install a micro switch operated by the full travel of the shoot
bolt in its socket - but you have to be careful not to end up with too
much pressure on the end of the shoot bolt.
This was just my experience - you may have more luck but the shoot bolt
remains a dodgy proposition in my view!
Not sure about your abuse of transistors though!!
Best Regards
Roger Mills